Thursday, February 11, 2010

SEQUINS!!!



Time for a new comedian update. Alongside Ricky Gervais (see below), Aziz Ansari is on my short list of favourite comedians from the past several years. I think his enthusiasm and cadence are hilarious. Also, I like that he is just straight-up funny without having to play up the minority angle too much. I love fellow Canadian Russell Peters for example but at some point it feels like he's just taking the obvious route. So far, Aziz has been hilarious but hilarious on his own merits. In addition to his ridiculously good role in Funny People, Aziz is on Parks and Rec right now. Though it took me nearly a full season to warm to it, this show now has me hooked and is probably the best comedy show on television.

Check out his website:
http://azizisbored.tumblr.com/

1 comment: